Junior Wonders Nursery School is located in the landmark Community Church of the Pelhams, adjacent to the train station, in Pelham, NY.
We offer half-day morning and afternoon classes for two, three and four year old children. Junior Wonders is a place where children learn to play and play to learn. We provide a nurturing and loving environment for all of our children and seek to aid in the development of the whole child, physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually.
The school provides experiences that foster group relationships and contribute to the development of the children. We strive to teach self-expression, enhance body coordination, improve language skills, promote sharing and teach school readiness skills while helping the children to trust and respect the rights of others.
The children are encouraged to work together and to share their experiences with each other. Throughout the year the children have the opportunity to participate in exciting and educational group activities including Leap Smart Creative Movement Classes and Safety Days featuring special visits from the Pelham Police and Fire Departments. Throughout the year parents and children are invited to participate in monthly and seasonal activities including the Halloween Parade, Family Fun Day At Pelham Art Center, a Holiday Celebration. In addition Junior Wonders families celebrate a "Special Persons Day" in which the children invite a loved one to spend part of the day with them.
Our facilities in the Community Hall offer a large indoor play area where children can exercise and play together. Our outdoor play area is well equipped for fall and springtime fun.
Our Goals and Objectives
- To give the child the opportunity to spend time with playmates their own age so that they may adjust to getting along with peers.
- To encourage independence and creativity while promoting confidence.
- To provide supervision and guidance in the development of the child.
- To provide play facilities that the child may learn to select and use in a variety of ways.
- To release the mother/caregiver from the constant routine of childcare.